In this article, we will talk about the Top 5 best WordPress 301 Redirection Plugins to fix your website 404 error, redirect old URL to the new location, and increase your website SEO.
Redirection is one of the most popular and most downloaded WordPress Redirect Plugin.
Using this WordPress plugin you can easily handle 301 redirections and keep monitoring of 404 errors of your website.
This plugin can help you to fix 404 errors and improve your site ranking that boosts your website SEO.
Here are a few key features of this plugin:
- You can redirect all URLs, except the deleted pages or broken links.
- It allows you to add conditional redirections.
- You can add automatically a 301 redirection when a post’s URL changes.
- A hit counter is maintained for each redirect so you can see how many times URL is being used.
- Allows adding HTTP headers.
- You can also import and export redirections into CSV.
- This plugin is trusted by 1million+ users (including me).
2. Quick Page / Post Redirect Plugin
Quick Page / Post Redirect plugin allows you to add quick redirection to WordPress deleted pages, posts, broken links to the new URLs.
This WordPress redirect plugin has two very easy to use redirecting features – “Quick Redirects” and “Individual Redirects”. It also allows you to add many types of redirects 301, 302, 307, and meta into your WordPress pages or posts.
If you want to add Individual redirection for page then it’s already existing on your website. It adds a meta box on the right-hand side to the edit screen section and enables you to specify the new redirect location and its type (301, 302 or meta).
This plugin also lets you redirect duplicate posts, menu items or locations on your website. It is free to use and available in the WordPress repository.
Some of its key features of this plugin:
- This plugin works with WordPress Navigation Menus.
- You can set a redirected page or menu item to open in a new window.
- You can add a rel=”nofollow” attribute to the page or menu item link for the redirect.
- You can view a complete summary of all redirected pages/posts, custom post types and Quick Redirects that are currently set up.
- This plugin is trusted by 200,000+ users.
3. Simple 301 Redirects
As its name suggests Simple 301 Redirects is a very simple WordPress plugin to manage 301 redirections. It is very easy to use tool that primarily deals with 301 redirection type only.
It is a very handy and quick WordPress redirect plugin that is very useful in changing domains or migrating your website from another platform to WordPress.
This plugin is available for free to download from the WordPress Repository.
Some of its key features of this plugin:
- You can also use Wildcards with Simple 301 Redirects Plugin and to use Wildcards, you just need to check the “Use Wildcards” checkbox.
- This plugin is trusted by 300,000+ users.
4. SEO Redirection
SEO Redirection is a WordPress redirection plugin that allows you to build and manage 301 redirections of your WordPress website.
With this plugin, you can set up all types of redirection including 301,302 or 307 redirects. This plugin is useful especially when you are migrating your website from an old website to new, or are changing the directory of your WordPress website.
Some of its highlighting features are:
- You can manually add almost all types of redirection (301,302 or 307) for your site easily.
- It also supports wildcard redirection.
- It can Fix Crawl Errors (404 & soft 404) in Google Search Console.
- It supports WPML (WordPress Multi-language integration).
- Full logs for all redirected URLs.
- You can import or exports the redirections data.
5. Safe Redirect Manager
Safe Redirect Manager plugin is a simple and safely managing 301 redirection WordPress plugin.
Many WordPress redirect plugins stores redirect into options tables or in a custom table but this plugin uses a custom post type for saving redirections to make your data portable and scalable.
This plugin is more flexible and lighter on the server compared to other redirecting plugins. It uses the wp_safe_redirect function that only allows redirects to whitelisted hosts for security purposes.
This plugin automatically manages to whitelist hosts for your website. You can also specify which type of redirect you want to be set (301, 302, etc.) from the settings.
Check out my blog on how to increase website traffic fast, Alexa ranking, and SEO.